Huge List of Gift Ideas for Toddler Boys & Girls Alike
Christmas season is here! I love the whole holiday season. From the beautiful decorations to the extra baking. I love it all.
Every year, nothing quite matches the wonderful feeling of gifting the perfect gift. It is such a wonderful feeling to gift something that the recipient truly loves.
The gifting is so wonderful, but sometimes it can be a struggle to come up with ideas for the perfect gift. If you’re finding yourself in this position, this list of gift ideas for the littlest ones will be perfect for you!
Check out the list, I know you’ll find great inspiration! Please note, many of these items fall under multiple developmental categories. I categorized gift ideas by the primary skill they help encourage among 12-24 month old toddlers.
Plus, as a bonus I’ve included a printable list of stocking stuffer ideas for little ones to make shopping easy!
For your convenience, this post may contain affiliate links and pictures. You can read my full disclosure statement here.
Cognitive development includes the progressive building of learning, thinking and problem solving skills. These skills are critical in helping a child understand cause & effect, spatial relationships, problem solving, imitation, memory, number sense, classification, symbolic play, attention maintenance and the understanding of personal care routines (Cognitive Development Domain, 2017).
Cognitive development is huge for little ones. Here are some gift ideas to encourage cognitive development:
- Mega Bloks,Jumbo Cardboard Blocks
- LeapFrog Learn & Groove Musical Table
- Learning Puzzles
- Coloring Supplies: Large Crayons, ColorWonder, Finger Paint
- Art Desk
- Vtech Go! Go! Smart Wheels Train Station Playset
- ALEX Discover My Busy Town Wooden Activity Cube
- Hape Pound & Tap Bench with Slide Out Xylophone
Social-emotional development includes the child’s experience, expression, and management of emotions and the ability to establish positive and rewarding relationships with others. It encompasses both intra- and interpersonal processes. Social-emotional development is critical in helping a child in interactions with adults & peers, develop relationship with adults & peers, develop identity of self in relation to others, recognition of ability, expression of emotion, empathy, emotion regulation, impulse control and social understanding (Social-Emotional Development Domain, 2017).
Here are some gift ideas to encourage social-emotional development in little ones:
- Little People Sets – Wheelies Stand’n’Play Rampway Playset, Surprise & Sounds Home
- Baby Stella First Baby Doll + Accessories – Baby Stella Darling Baby Doll Diaper Bag, Baby Stella Baby Feeding Accessories
- Stuffed Animals – Bear, Beanie Boos
- KidKraft Uptown Espresso Kitchen + Learning Resources New Sprouts Complete Play Food Set
- Occupation Costume Dress Up – Melissa & Doug Astronaut Costume Set
- Doctor Kit Toy Set with Carry Case
- Leapfrog Shapes and Sharing Picnic Basket
Language & Communication Development
Language and communication development refers to the acquisition of language and speech. These development skills are critical in helping a child develop receptive language, expressive language, communication skills and knowledge and interest in print. (Language Development Domain, 2017).
Here are some gift ideas to help encourage language and communication development:
- Leapfrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set
- Leapfrog Fridge Numbers Magnetic Set
- Leapfrog Chat and Count Smart Phone
- Books – Dear Zoo: A Lift-the-Flap Book, First 100 Words, Little Blue Truck Board Book
- Flash Cards – Colors & Shapes, Alphabet
- VTech Musical Rhymes Book
- Leapfrog My Pal Scout
- Hand Puppets
Perceptual & Motor Development
Perception refers to the process of taking in, organizing, and interpreting sensory information. Motor development refers to changes in children’s ability to control their body’s movements, from infants’ first spontaneous waving and kicking movements to the adaptive control of reaching, locomotion, and complex sport skills. Perceptual and motor development skills are critical in helping a child develop gross motor and fine motor skills. (Perceptual and Motor Development Domain, 2017).
Here are some gift ideas to help encourage perceptual and motor development among toddlers:
- 3 piece Kids Play Tent & Ball Pit & Ball Pit Balls
- Melissa & Doug Monster Bowling
- Little Tikes First Slide
- Radio Flyer 4 in 1 Stroll ‘N Trike
- Rocking Horse
- Play-Doh + Play-Doh Fun Tub
- Bilibo chair
- Aquadoodle Draw ‘N Doodle Mat
Now that you have those toddlers crossed off your list, are you still in search of the perfect gift for him?
Here is a huge list of 50+ gift ideas for the men in your life. 🙂
Download your 50+ Candy Free Stocking Stuffer Ideas Under $10 Guide below! Then make your way to the nearest Dollar Store (or Amazon tab 🙂 ) to stock up.
Cognitive Development Domain. (2017, March 21). Retrieved December 03, 2017, from https://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/cd/re/itf09cogdev.asp
Social-Emotional Development Domain. (2017, March 7). Retrieved December 03, 2017, from https://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/cd/re/itf09socemodev.asp
Perceptual and Motor Development Domain. (2017, March 17). Retrieved December 03, 2017, from https://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/cd/re/itf09percmotdev.asp
Language Development Domain. (2017, March 17). Retrieved December 03, 2017, from https://www.cde.ca.gov/sp/cd/re/itf09langdev.asp